Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ode to the swing.........

Goodbye my dear sweet fishy swing. Thank you for all the minutes and even hours of sleep you provided over the past 7 months. Without you, I would not be here - or at least I would not be functioning quite as well...........We will miss you.
So Layla, my chunky monkey, is over 20lbs now and officially doesn't even come close to fitting in her swing. We hung on to it as long as we could, but alas - she looks terribly uncomfortable and the poor swing just can't go on. It has been moved back to the basement to gather dust until such time that we have a big baby garage sale.
So sad.........Napping used to be a blissful 2 hours and now is a hard fought 30 minutes. Not to mention our middle of the night shenanigans are extended as I can't just pop her in the swing and let it rock her back to sleep in a semi-upright position. After her surgery (rescheduled for the 22nd) I may be forced to take away the middle of the night bottle to avoid such extended awakenings. Surely she will not fade away to nothing without those 4oz. We could all use the extra sleep! More news to come on that.

No comments: