Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What's new

Adam is getting his ear tubes in on the 3rd (Tuesday). We saw the ENT on Monday and he said that his ears were still so bad, he would do the surgery immediately if he could. He does surgery on Tuesdays and it was 3:30pm and he could not get us on the O.R. schedule that late. Not to mention we were getting a snow and ice storm. So next Tuesday it is. Adam should feel immediate relief after the tubes and they can culture the infection to find out why it is not responding to the 4 different antibiotics we have tried. It is just so sad to see him still struggling. I hate to put him under this young, but know that we cannot let this go on or we risk him loosing his hearing or getting septic.

I did get a one night reprieve last night as Colleen took the baby for me so I could sleep. I have been dealing with little sleep for so long and it was so nice to actually get some decent stretches of rest. I feel better and am more equiped to handle the next 6 days until the surgery.

No comments: