Saturday, January 31, 2009

Adam at 4 months.

I realize I did a horrible job at documenting what Layla was doing as a baby. I have blog posts, but no real details. Since I have blocked out most of her first year of life, I really have no memory of her schedule. So more for myself than you - here is what Adam is up to.
Adam eats twice a night still - around 2 and 5ish. We are hoping this will resolve after his tubes on Tuesday. He is around 17 lbs and has his checkup Monday. Once he is up (anytime after 6am! yuck) he has about a 2 hour awake limit. He gets very cranky and needs to be rocked or bounced to sleep. He eats around 8, 11, 2, 5 and 8. I try to get him to bed by 9 and am recently moving this to 8:30. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Adam takes 4 naps a day. 3 half hours and 1 hard fought hour and a half. This totals only 3 hours a day which is low for a baby, but whatever. When he is not tired, he plays in one of his many seats or entertainers. These have about a 5-10 minute life each so we rotate often. He does not mind playing on the floor - in fact he likes it most times.

Adam rarely spits up anymore which is nice. I credit him getting older, prevacid and a no dairy diet. He is still breastfed, but will move to formula as soon as I get a job. He fits nicely into 6-9 month clothes already. He is content to just be held and look around.

He is a good baby and will only get better as he feels better. Tuesday is a big day for us, so keep us in your thoughts.

No comments: