Thursday, January 8, 2009

Still here.Just sick.

We are all battling an upper respiratory infection here at the Shockley's. For my youngest two this also brought ear infections. So we have antibiotics for them and lots of cough syrup for Hannah and me. Matt has been out fo town so he is not affected - yet. Thank goodness for Grandma, who took Adam one night for me so I could sleep as he has been keeping me up quite a bit. Little babies don't do well with congestion (no one does really, but babies especially). We are probably in the middle of it, so I'll post an update when we are all better.

Things I have learned this week:

1)Keep kleenex in your shirt if you don't have pockets - you will need them when noses are snotty faucets. This will keep one year olds from wiping boogers on everything - yuck!

2)Never trust a 4 year old with a glass of water. Hannah apparently decided to dump cups of water on her sister. Judging by how soaked she and the playroom were, she must have gone back and forth at least 5 times in the 3 minutes I was putting the baby to sleep.

3)If you start getting ready for bed at 4pm when you have 3 kids, you can be in bed by 10. Awesome.

No comments: