Monday, November 24, 2008

8 Weeks

Adam is 8 weeks and doing well. He is getting quite chunky. I'll have to get a picture of him getting ready to tub. He is probably close to 14 lbs I would imagine. He eats still 8 times a day and naps in between about 3/4 of his feedings. His naps are anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending and he is on no ones schedule. We just live around Adam's schedule :) The good news is that most of his naps are carried out in his own bed. Sometimes we can even "put him down" for a nap - meaning he is awake and tired, we put him in bed, and he goes to sleep. Yay! This works maybe once a day, but we know eventually he will do it consistently. We do play a fair amount of "fetch my pacifier please" during the daytime naps. This is funny because if you try to give him one while awake, he gets pissed. He only wants it to sleep. Fine by us. Adam is sucking on his hands a lot so perhaps he will find a thumb or finger to suck instead? We can only hope. He does not get pacifiers at night so that is good. He usually crashes and if he does have one, we take it away before putting him in bed. Our roughest time with Adam is 5-8pm. He is still can get pretty fussy. He also is very uncomfortable from about 5-7am. We don't know why, but holding, walking, bouncing, etc does not help during this time. All in all we are doing ok. I do wish we would get a longer stretch of sleep at night going as both the girls were going much longer at this point. Hopefully it is just around the corner. At least that is what I keep telling myself :)
I love this picture! I wonder what he is thinking..........'Crazy mommy' I'm sure.




No comments: