Tuesday, November 18, 2008

7 weeks and smiling

Adam can smile. He doesn't do it a lot just yet, but he has his moments and is trying to coo also. He can make "arrr" (his pirate noise) and "gooo" (the baby noise). He smiles biggest for Grandma (as all my kids have) and his sisters. Something about Grandma just makes kids smile. He also sleeps best on Grandma (as all the kids have). Grandmas are just special like that.


Adam is doing ok these days. He is fussy pants after eating and always in the evening, but he is growing and getting stronger so that is good. He spits up if he is jostled, put down too soon or if he eats too much, but otherwise he keeps his food in the belly. He does have some reflux/colic after he eats for a while though, and he burps a ton. The prevacid seems to be helping and he doesn't cry when he spits up anymore so that is nice.

Adam still gets up around 12 and 3 to eat so no movement there just yet. This is a rough schedule that all new moms hope gets better soon. He just won't go longer than 4 hours then 3 hours at night. We might have to help him do this at 2 months. I think he is close to 13 lbs so he need not be eating at 12 anymore!


Tonight is Adam's second night with Grandma! I am so excited I could cry. I love my baby, but I am having a nice dinner with my husband (thanks also to Shelly for watching the girls). I am going to have 2 glasses of wine and then - sleep! Yay me! Last time we did this I stayed up too late (election night) and was up worried after 4am, but now that I know he did fine - I should do better.

No comments: