Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Baby Monitor

We never use our baby monitor anymore. Mostly because we have no babies. Adam is perfectly capable of yelling when he is up and ready for someone to come get him.

This morning I was in the kitchen getting juice and chocolate milk and decided to turn the monitor on and see what he was up to (there was no yelling yet.)

Adam was sitting in his bed quietly singing twinkle twinkle little star. Sometimes out loud and sometimes in a wisper.

His version starts off correctly and then goes something like this:

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
up above the world so high
like a diamond in the sky
twinkle twinkle little star
how I wonder what you are
up above the world so high
like a diamond in the sky... over and over

It was the sweetest thing.

I asked him if he was singing when I got him up and he said "uh huh".

When I handed him his chocolate milk, he said "gink you, mommy".

And when I said goodbye, I love you, have a good day, he said "Kiss?"

We are doing something right.

No comments: