Sunday, September 26, 2010

Family Pictures 2010

We should start off by mentioning Hannah scored her first soccer goal this weekend. Grandma and Papa were there to see it and she is very proud of herself. Somehow she went from hating soccer to wanting to play indoor this winter. I am secretly hoping she changes her mind soon before we commit/fork over the money. It is actually soccer's fault that we scheduled our family pictures on Sunday instead of Saturday this year and if you were in St. Louis this weekend, you know how mad I am at soccer right now.

Our hair trial day was Saturday and it went great. I am neither motivated or inclined to style my children's hair on a regular basis, that is why I practiced. I think they looked adorable.






















We played outside for most of this gorgeous day (Saturday). Hannah scored her goal, Layla and Adam played so well....the day was awesome.
















Adam is very busy these days mowing the sidewalks. I'm sure our neighbors appreciate all of his hard work.






Sunday morning dawned dark, raining and cold. Figures. It's been 90 degrees every day and sunny, so why would we not think it would be 50 and raining for our 1 hour per year of family photos? We dolled up and headed off for our family photo shoot anyway (no cancellation - photographers can't actually control the weather.)








I knew it was going to be awesome when I couldn't get a decent shot of these three.
























The Botanical Gardens themselves are beautiful even in the dreary cold. I am hopeful my son sat still (and maybe smiled) for a picture or two. I can't be positive, because I was trying hard not to be mid speak in every picture.
















Hannah was great and willing to pose and smile whenever asked. The girls are sporting their sweatshirts since it was so cold, but they are still cute.

Adam didn't sit still for one minute. Stuff to climb, things to jump off of, he's very busy you know.














Rare shot of me. I washed, combed and straightened my hair. I was dressed in something other than sweats and put on makeup. This is bound not to happen again until next year.














Layla was done with the family photo shoot about 35 seconds after arriving. She was tired of walking and cold. Thank goodness Grandma was there to carry her.














Adam frowing a decent fit. He is no longer digging the garden.
















Dad to the rescue.

































Oh look - the photo shoot is over and Layla decides to give us a pretty smile.














I hope they turn out ok, but if not - they will be a reminder of the stage our family was in right now. Someday we are going to get everyone to smile and look at the camera at the same time. Until then, we line our walls with whatever we can get. Next year, maybe we do pictures earlier in the season? I'll think about it again next July.

No comments: