Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

It was a rainy boring weekend here and Matt was off at a golf tournement, so the kids and I did a lot of hanging out. We (gasp) watched a lot of Elmo and Barney, ate a lot of junk and were generally pretty lazy. Adam did help with the laundry :) I did three loads of kids laundry Saturday and folded it all in peace while the kids were playing. After all that folding, I took a short break and came back to Adam throwing clothes everywhere. He was very intent on making sure they were dispursed throughout the room and no pile remained intact. Picture worthy for sure.

Since we were stuck inside and going stir crazy I did what any mother would do - I checked Craigslist for stuff. I found a good condition train table about 5 minutes from my house! They emailed me back quickly and we were off on a field trip to pick up our new train table. Since it was around 4pm I got the bright idea to also head to the McDonalds playland. This was not a good idea. After 2.5 minutes of playing, the tornado sirens started. We were ushered into the public bathroom with about 15 other folks to wait out the storm. 10 minutes later they let us out. We played for 5 more minutes before the sirens went off again and we were treated to another bathroom visit.After that - I called it done and carried my crew kicking and screaming out of the McDonalds.
Our train table has at least been a hit.








No comments: