Sunday, October 28, 2007

21 weeks.......




Where to start....The news of the day is that we are starting our second formula trial today. We are going to try for 5 days on the Neocate (the most expensive formula known to man). We tried this 2 months ago and it went badly so we are hoping for better results. I would nurse this baby until she was grown if I could eat some real food, but alas after 5 months of eating practically nothing, I have to try the formula again. I'd say it is nice to walk into a store and pick out any size 0 and know it would fit, and it is nice to eat a bag of chips and know I won't gain an ounce, but when the rest of my family is missing me at dinner, and my husband and I can't even go out and have fun, it ruins the joy of being thin. I am hoping and praying that Layla does well on the formula this time and I can return to a normal lifestyle. She is only drinking 3oz per bottle right now (because formula is gross) but she should get used to it in a day or so. I cried a little and will surely do so again over the next few days, but I'm kind of getting used to that. We also go back to the GI tomorrow to talk about doing the endoscopy to make sure we aren't missing anything.


So for some fun news. We took the girls to the pumpkin patch which was a blast! Hannah rode a pony and a train and had so much fun. Later that same day we went to our neighborhood block party where there were more ponies and bouncy houses! It was quite a day for an almost 3-year old. The girls dressed up in their costumes and were just so sweet all day.


Layla has not rolled since my last post.......hmmmmmm. Just not interested. She is however trying to get on her knees which is funny. She can't get on her hands and then try the knees, so she just face plants and sticks her butt in the air. She wiggles herself in a circle (not quite on purpose yet) which is a good start.


Layla also has her first ear infection this week. After 4 nights of up all night with no real fever, we finally took her in. The ear infection was early, but still - so sad. So between that and the formula - she is not a happy girl. Poor baby. Just can't catch a break.


Why do I feel like I never have good news?
Really I know it will all be ok and this is just another bump in our road. We are staying positive though and looking forward to the holidays with these girls!
Take care.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

And Aunt Shelly and Tony watched the girls on Saturday and all went really well! And Layla thinks Aunt shelly is the funniest ever. I have a video I need to post, but don't know how to get it to you...
Any ideas? I also have some cute ones of Hannah at the mall.
I will try to send them tonight.