Thursday, August 30, 2007

13 weeks.......


Happy 3 months to Layla! I remember loving this age with Hannah. Although things have been rougher with Layla, she is still such a sweet baby at this age.


Layla is back to breastfeeding after our formula trial last weekend. Things didn't go very well and she didn't tolerate the formula (even the super expensive one!). The Dr says we can try again in a month if we still want to, but for now we nurse on the elimination diet. I have found more things I can eat so I do get a pretty good amount of food in, but still will miss pizza. I indulged on Saturday so that helped while she was drinking the formula. She is very happy to be back to nursing and seems to be doing ok (no better or worse than before). She is still having uncomfortable episodes each day, but we know now that we will just have to live with them until she grows out of it.


Layla is getting so strong! She lifts her head all the way up now and plays on her belly really well. I am very happy with her progress since I can't put her on her belly much becasue of the reflux (she just spits and spits and spits). If I wait until prior to her next feeding, and she is not starving, she does better.


We are getting some decent sleep these days as Layla is sleeping pretty well from 9pm until 4 and sometimes 5am! She does fuss in the middle of the night sometimes, but I am trying to let her get back to sleep by herself or with a pacifier so we don't go back to more eating. When Layla eats in the night - it means hours awake for me since she is usually uncomfortable and spitty for a while and then I hold her for at least 1/2 hour after she calms down. So I'll take some straight sleep any day and accept my early wake up time. After she is calm and held, she goes in her swing and will sleep another hour or two. On the weekends I will get to sleep too! On workdays - it's in the shower and start getting everybody ready.

Being back at work has been challenging for me knowing Layla is in daycare. It is tough thinking about her being uncomfortable and spitting up a ton when no one can hold her. I'll say it is going ok though. I made it to work on time and worked pretty full days this week (only 7 hours on Tuesday). I was actually able to focus and work which is good for me. Layla had a rough day at daycare today, but her other days have been decent. She was with her Grandma yesterday and did well. With each passing week, it will get easier for both of us.

We are heading to the fair tomorrow night so that will be a treat for both girls. Hannah liked it last year, so she should really love it this year! Layla will be held so she will be fine too :)

Take care.

No comments: