Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy three weeks Layla!



Well despite our difficulties here, these three weeks have flown by. It feels like yesterday I was pregnant. Oh I miss the 2 hours of sleep blocks I got while I was pregnant. :) The best I can say today is that we are hanging in. Layla is such a lovely baby when she is not in pain (which is still rare). She will be so alert and quiet, but as soon as that reflux starts she squishes up her face and screams. Once the vomiting starts it is hard to tell when it will end as there is no rhyme or reason to it. We are trying to enjoy her as a baby, but that has been a challenge so far. We appreciate all the prayers and positive thoughts people have given our little one. We are hopeful that the worst is almost over and she starts packing on the pounds soon. As of today she is about 8 lbs so we know she is getting some nourishment.


Hannah has been so sweet with her sister. Whenever the baby is upset, Hannah tells her "You're ok" and "I got you". She is still mad at me for needing to spend so much time with Layla, but in a few weeks we should all be well adjusted.

No comments: